Complete Guide For Troubleshooting Garmin GPS
Are your Garmin devices not working? Are you performing Garmin GPS troubleshooting? Are you still not able to fix the issue even after numerous attempts? Well, let’s discuss this problem and try finding out the solution for the same.
Let’s know a bit about the company, Garmin Ltd. is a well-known company founded in 1989 and was later bought by Google (Alphabet Inc.) which means that it is quite a good-valued company. This company is well-known for manufacturing devices like handheld GPS which is also called Garmin GPS.
If you move to any other location or any other region, Garmin GPS can be very helpful for you. Let’s see the most common problems while using Garmin connect:
- Sudden shutoff
- GPS locking up
- Poor display
- Faulty power button
- Depleted battery and other minor issues
- Signal Detection failure
- Exhausted logic board
- No GPS satellite reception
- Uploading issues
- Downloading issues
- Signal Detection failure
- Unresponsive screen touch, etc.
Here’s how you can troubleshoot Garmin GPS issues:
- First of all, ensure that you have charged your Garmin device. If your device is charged, you can proceed for the hard reset. This will erase all your data from the device, so make sure that you have a backup for the necessary files.
- In order to do the hard reset, disconnect your device from the power supply.
- Now, press the power button which is available at the bottom right corner of the device and hold it for few seconds. Keep your fingers on the device screen.
- Then, press ‘Yes’ on the screen and then follow the instructions which will be displayed on your device’s screen. This will reboot your device and Master Reset will be able to clear up any software-related issue that is in your device.
- Meanwhile, make sure that the GPS antenna is plugged in on your device.
- Once done, check your device, if it is working fine or not.
The above steps were to troubleshoot the device when it’s not turning on. Let’s discuss some other issues related to Garmin GPS troubleshooting that you might face:
Touch Screen not working
There could a chance that your touch screen stops working or isn’t working correctly. Follow these steps to overcome this problem:
- Go to the ‘Menu’ bar.
- Tap on the ‘Options’
- Then, select ‘Systems’
- Finally, select the ‘Calibration’ option.
Sometimes, the screen takes a bit longer to respond. You can wait for a few minutes.
Unable to find the location
Sometimes, your GPS device is unable to track your location. All you have to do is:
- First, Verify the location and then re-submit it.
- If your GPS is still not able to find the location, that means that your map is not updated with the current version.
- If this happens, install the latest Gramin GPS updates.
No GPS Reception
Wonder how to set up a GPS reception? It’s easy, let’s have a look…
- Firstly, cross-check the GPS antenna.
- Ensure that the antenna is properly plugged-in.
There could a slight possibility that there is no GPS reception in your area.
If the above solutions don’t work out, try deleting the Garmin connect device update and consider installing it again, this time, it might work out. Let’s see how you have to do it:
- Firstly, reset your device and link it with your PC with a USB cable.
- Then, download Garmin Express App on your device and get registered.
- Search for the latest updates for your Garmin device.
- If there is no Map, then select the Home icon. Select the ‘Install’ button on the top left corner of the Express Software window.
- Wait for your device to update.
These were some solutions related to the Garmin GPS troubleshooting issues and you might know how Garmin connects with GPS and devices. I really hope that this blog has helped you in troubleshooting the issue of Garmin GPS.